Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You Make My Heart Super Happy

C and Z love to draw. In particular, they love to draw for me. It is rare that they go running to their dad with something that they have drawn especially for him. It's always my desk that is littered with mountains of paper that have been penciled, crayoned, cut-and-pasted, and fashioned into "art" just for me. I'm Mom, you see. It's like what they say about professional athletes, etc. who say, "Hi, Mom!" and "I love you, Mom!" on television, with nary a mention of their poor dads. It's true. Moms are just better. Hahahahaha. I'm kidding.

Anyway, here is something that C brought home for me from school for Mother's Day. I got a lump in my throat when I read the words that he chose to describe me. She is the best mom ever. Man, if that ain't pressure, I don't know what is! But seriously, HE is the best kid ever. I just love that boy.

Here is another thing that C brought home for me. It's watercolored and I just adore it. Absolutely love it. I think I'm going to frame it. I need to get that kid into art classes.










Lastly, here is a little something for me from my baby girl. I can only assume that she ran out of time and that is why we have no hands or feet. And I'm going to assume that the slightly more rotund one with the round head is yours truly and that this is some time in the future when she will be ever-so-slightly taller than me. Anyway, she comes home from Pre-K with drawings of the two of us together all the time. I love them. I love her.


Z came up to me this afternoon and said, "Mom, you make my heart
super happy."

Sigh.


I have no words worthy to follow that.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the watercolored picture. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kiddos are indeed SUPER talented and sweet.

    ReplyDelete