Saturday, May 9, 2009

Flashback

May 9, 2006
Excerpt

So anyway, the kids were up really early today, so I knew that I could get C to school and make the one-hour trek to Brimfield (Antiques Show) with my daughter in-tow. We got there at about 11:00 and stayed for about three hours. It was fun! I didn't browse all that much, but I got what I went for. Almost annually, I have had a tradition of going to this show and buying myself a plate. I have a few that are Limoges and some that are just hallmarked in Germany or Poland. I kind of have a "look" that I search for - floral pattern with gold trim on an interesting rim/lip. Haha. I am sure that there is a name for this "style," but I don't know what it is. I dunno. I just like it. I have all of the ones I own hanging on various walls. One day, I hope to group them together in our dining room or hallway (IF WE EVER BUY A HOUSE!) for that shabby chic look.

Anyway, Z enjoyed walking around and looking at everything. She'd point at various "artifacts" and yell out what she thought they were.

Antiques or no antiques, I gotta have me my snacks!








Somebody had herself a morning nap in the car on the way there, so though it was a little chilly, this somebody was in quite a good mood!

A fine example of the kind of junk you find there.
Who in their right mind would buy this giant tin rooster?
Z thought it was cool, though... "Big boo ticken, Umma!"

1 comment:

  1. I had to do a double take on this post. I was reading Brimfield...wait? "if we ever buy a house"...wait? And Z. looks so young.. OK - it's a re-post. Fun. She was a superstar even then!

    ryc: yeah - I was ready for a change and I LOVE to just sit and play with Photoshop. For some reason I find it relaxing and stimulating (my creativity) at the same time. I finally got the title header and background where I wanted them. I love adding bits of color to a b&w photo like that to focus the pic. On that one I wanted it to be my shoes (obviously) b/c of all they had carried me through and the b&w makes my legs look less pastey! Ha! Then I had to figure out how to get the CSS to cooperate. That was what I did on my nerdy day off. I know..I'm rambling.

    ReplyDelete