Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flashback

April 29, 2006
Excerpts

This morning, C did something nice (he put Z's dirty clothes in the laundry hamper without being asked to do so) and I was thanking him profusely for it. He said, "Umma, do you a-pwee-shuh-late me?" It took me a second to realize that he meant "appreciate." But yes, I told him that yes, of course I a-pwee-shuh-late him.

C is afraid of flying insects. It's probably because I've freaked out about mosquitoes and told him that some bugs "bite," so now he's like, "Get them the hell away from me!" So anyway, this morning before My Gym, we went out for a little walk. I swear, these kids are addicted to walks around the neighborhood now. Anyway, while we were out walking, we saw a bumble bee around some dandelions. C freaked out and jumped away, but Z just stood there. You know what he did? Even though he was afraid himself, he ran back and got in front of Z with his arms outspread and said, "You can't get my sister, you bumble bee!" I swear, I must've had a huge smile plastered on my face because moments like that just make me really proud and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment